Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Never too old to learn
Here I am blogging for the first time... Amazing. I officially feel old. I just purchased an mp3 player for Phillip for his tenth birthday last week. Gone are the days of the portable walkman. When did I become a grown up? It happened so fast. I remember complaining to my mother that I couldn't "wait to be grown up", because then I could do whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it. I remember the smile on her face, a knowing smile, a smile that I recognize on my own face as I hear my own children recite the same words that fell so easily from my lips. Little did I know then, that being a "grown up" does not give one permission to be irresponsible, for as a wiseman once said "With age comes great responsibility." (I do believe that was from Rugrats...) None the less, I feel old, but it's a good old, a comfortable with my life old, a I wouldn't change one thing about my life good or bad old. Whatever I am, I know that I am deeply and richly blessed by God, and that's enough for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2008
A day at the park
3 comments:
Hey old lady! I like your first blog. It'll be fun for us old geezers to figure out all this together on our blogging journey! I'm sure it'll help us feel young! Love you!
Good job on figuring out the blog thing, baby. I'm sorry I didn't post to it last time when I looked at it; I didn't have a username. Yor blogspot looks Happy early Mother's Day. Thank you for being so understanding and supportive. Love ya' girl.
Ummm ur not old. Old is like 60 and up. I have 4 kids and for me -my quiver is full. :-) Glad ur feeling better.
Post a Comment